Are you planning to increase farm productivity?
Are you a Micro or Small Enterprise looking to expand?
Do you need funding to support farm diversification?
Does your organisation need funding to support rural tourism?
Do you need financial support to develop rural services?
Do you need funding for a Cultural and Heritage project?
Do you need financial support to increase forestry productivity?
The current situation...
Following the Chancellors announcement on the future of EU funding in England (see https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-philip-hammond-guarantees-eu-funding-beyond-date-uk-leaves-the-eu) we have had to consider the implications for delivery of LEADER funding in Cornwall. The announcement has an obvious impact on the work of the LEADER Groups in Cornwall and the key points are as follows:-
- Any project that is in receipt of a grant funding agreement already will have this honoured.
- Any project that receives a grant funding agreement before the Autumn Statement will have this honoured.
- Any project not in receipt of a grant funding agreement by the Autumn Statement will have to wait until the future of the EU programmes and funding availability is confirmed by the Chancellor in the Autumn Statement.
We are currently working with our Local Action Groups to assist those projects already in the decision making processes, i.e. those already invited to full application stage.
In relation to new Outline Applications, we are still accepting them, but outside of acknowledging receipt of the Outline Application we will not be processing these for a few weeks until later in the autumn when clearer information about the future of the programme and any priorities are known. So if you are submitting a new outline application we will be in touch in due course.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com and one of the team will get back to you to discuss your particular case as soon as possible.
What is LEADER funding and who can apply?
LEADER funding is available to local businesses, communities, farmers, foresters and land owners. Eligible applicants can apply for funding through Local Action Groups (LAGs). Your LAG will prioritise funding for projects that create jobs, help your business to grow, and benefit the rural economy.
LEADER is part of the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE). It’s a French acronym which roughly translates as ‘Liaison among Actors in Rural Economic Development’.
A LAG is made up of people from the local community and the local public and private sector. LAGs decide which projects they will fund in their area. This depends on their priorities but all projects must support one or more of the 6 LEADER priorities. These are to:
- support micro and small businesses and farm diversification
- boost rural tourism
- increase farm productivity
- increase forestry productivity
- provide rural services
- provide cultural and heritage activities
Find out more about the Local Action Group and funding opportunities in your area:
Not sure which LAG area you're in?
- Click on the link opposite (it will open in a new tab)
- Click on 'Get Started'
- In the Table of Contents on the left, expand 'Administrative Geographies'
- Then expand 'Other Administrative Boundaries'
- Select the box for 'Rural Development Fund eligibility for LEADER groups (England)'
- Zoom in to your area or use the 'Map Search' box at the top of the page
- Click the 'i' (for information) from the feature tools at the top of the page
- Click on the exact location of where the project will take place
- A message confirming the relevant LEADER area will pop up