Are you planning to increase farm productivity?
Are you a Micro or Small Enterprise looking to expand?
Do you need funding to support farm diversification?
Does your organisation need funding to support rural tourism?
Do you need financial support to develop rural services?
Do you need funding for a Cultural and Heritage project?
Do you need financial support to increase forestry productivity?
What is LEADER funding and who can apply?
LEADER funding is available to local businesses, communities, farmers, foresters and land owners. Eligible applicants can apply for funding through Local Action Groups (LAGs). Your LAG will prioritise funding for projects that create jobs, help your business to grow, and benefit the rural economy.
LEADER is part of the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE). It’s a French acronym which roughly translates as ‘Liaison among Actors in Rural Economic Development’.
Want to know more about LEADER or have a project you think may be eligible for funding…
View a list of projects that have received LEADER funding…
Find out more about the Local Action Group and funding opportunities in your area:
Not sure which LAG area you’re in?
Instructions to use www.magic.gov.uk website
- Click on the link opposite (it will open in a new tab)
- Click on ‘Get Started’
- In the Table of Contents on the left, expand ‘Administrative Geographies’
- Then expand ‘Other Administrative Boundaries’
- Select the box for ‘Rural Development Fund eligibility for LEADER groups (England)’
- Zoom in to your area or use the ‘Map Search’ box at the top of the page
- Click the ‘i’ (for information) from the feature tools at the top of the page
- Click on the exact location of where the project will take place
- A message confirming the relevant LEADER area will pop up