South and East Cornwall LAG Priorities:
- Supporting growth and development in existing businesses
- Town Centre and Village Revitalisation
- Supporting Business Start Ups
- Improving Business Productivity
- Developing Business Collaborations
- Provision of focused business support and advice
- Making skills, knowledge and entrepreneurship available to all in order to drive growth
- Enabling Business Activities to improve productivity, sales and jobs
LEADER National Priorities:
- Support micro and small businesses and farm diversification
- Boost rural tourism
- Increase farm productivity
- Increase forestry productivity
- Provide rural services
- Provide cultural and heritage activities
Projects must deliver at least one priority from both the local and national priorities
The LEADER programme is now closed and we are unable to accept any further project applications.
Alternative funding opportunities are available through the Local Action Groups and their Community Led Local Development (CLLD) Programme. For more information about the Programme, eligibility and contact details for the CLLD team please go to: www.communityledcornwall.co.uk
NB: CLLD cannot assist with projects that relate to on-farm productivity, food and drink processing or forestry projects).
In order to achieve DEFRA’s LEADER priorities and South and East Cornwall’s strategic objectives, the South and East Cornwall LEADER LAG has set 8 specific and deliverable priorities, listed above, that will guide our grant investments and the selection criteria for projects.
At all times priority will be given to projects that deliver growth as a primary output although consideration will also be given to projects that deliver growth as a secondary output as long as this can be proved and measured.
The SELAG have stated that for the year 2017/18 in relation to tourism, they are not looking to support projects which produce additional bedspace. This is due to issues of displacement and therefore their minimal contribution to the Local Development Strategy.
The LAG have now removed the original guidance maximum of £35,000 and will now consider much larger applications (circa £150k grant max) where LEADER is an appropriate funding route and the project contributes to the Local Development Strategy and the programme outputs. Larger grants will only be considered where no duplication of activity planned under the EAFRD Growth Programme, Countryside Productivity and Countryside Stewardship can be demonstrated.
Local Development Strategy
LEADER Delivery Plan
The delivery plan is based on the consultation activity that informed the SELAG Local Development Strategy submission as well as further discussions by the SELAG. It outlines the activities to be delivered to achieve the strategy.
2018 LAG meeting dates
Code of Conduct
[table id=4 /]