West Cornwall LAG priorities:
- Supporting growth and development in businesses
- Developing opportunities for young people to have thriving careers locally
- Town centre and village revitalisation
- Supporting business start ups
- Improving business productivity
- Developing business collaborations
- Provision of focused business support and advice
- Making the most of local skills, knowledge and entrepreneurship
- Enabling business activities to improve productivity, sales and jobs
- Support to community enterprise
- Support local solutions for climate change resiliance
LEADER National Priorities:
- Support micro and small businesses and farm diversification
- Boost rural tourism
- Increase farm productivity
- Increase forestry productivity
- Provide rural services
- Provide cultural and heritage activities
Projects must deliver at least one priority from both the local and national priorities
The LEADER programme is now closed and we are unable to accept any further project applications.
Alternative funding opportunities are available through the Local Action Groups and their Community Led Local Development (CLLD) Programme. For more information about the Programme, eligibility and contact details for the CLLD team please go to: www.communityledcornwall.co.uk
NB: CLLD cannot assist with projects that relate to on-farm productivity, food and drink processing or forestry projects).
In order to achieve DEFRA’s LEADER priorities and West Cornwall’s strategic objectives the West Cornwall LEADER LAG has set 11 specific and deliverable priorities, listed above, that will guide our grant investments and the selection criteria for projects.
At all times priority will be given to projects that deliver growth as a primary output although consideration will also be given to projects that deliver growth as a secondary output as long as this can be proved and measured.
In 2015/16 activity will primarily take the form of grants to businesses/organisations that are classified as small and micro businesses (under 50 FTEs) and grants issued will range from a minimum of £2,500 to a normal maximum threshold of £35,000. However, larger grants will also be considered on a case by case basis where no duplication of activity planned under the EAFRD Growth Programme, Countryside Productivity and Countryside Stewardship can be demonstrated.
Local Development Strategy
LEADER Delivery Plan
This delivery plan is based on the consultation activity that informed the WCLAG Local Development Strategy submission as well as further discussions by WCLAG. It outlines the activities to be delivered to achieve the strategy.
2018 LAG meeting dates
Code of Conduct
[table id=5 /]