West Cornwall LAG priorities:
- Supporting growth and development in businesses
- Developing opportunities for young people to have thriving careers locally
- Town centre and village revitalisation
- Supporting business start ups
- Improving business productivity
- Developing business collaborations
- Provision of focused business support and advice
- Making the most of local skills, knowledge and entrepreneurship
- Enabling business activities to improve productivity, sales and jobs
- Support to community enterprise
- Support local solutions for climate change resiliance
LEADER National Priorities:
- Support micro and small businesses and farm diversification
- Boost rural tourism
- Increase farm productivity
- Increase forestry productivity
- Provide rural services
- Provide cultural and heritage activities
Projects must deliver at least one priority from both the local and national priorities
In order to achieve DEFRA's LEADER priorities and West Cornwall's strategic objectives the West Cornwall LEADER LAG has set 11 specific and deliverable priorities, listed above, that will guide our grant investments and the selection criteria for projects.
At all times priority will be given to projects that deliver growth as a primary output although consideration will also be given to projects that deliver growth as a secondary output as long as this can be proved and measured.
In 2015/16 activity will primarily take the form of grants to businesses/organisations that are classified as small and micro businesses (under 50 FTEs) and grants issued will range from a minimum of £2,500 to a normal maximum threshold of £35,000. However, larger grants will also be considered on a case by case basis where no duplication of activity planned under the EAFRD Growth Programme, Countryside Productivity and Countryside Stewardship can be demonstrated.
Expression of Interest
How to complete an Expression of Interest
Quick start instructions
- Download and read the Applicant Handbook- this will help determine your eligibility and the 'priority' which fits your project.
- Contact the LEADER Project Co-ordinator to check the eligibility of your project.
- Download the Expression of Interest form and the guidance to complete it. Contact the Co-ordinator if you have any queries.
- Complete and email the form to the Co-ordinator at the email address below.
This delivery plan is based on the consultation activity that informed the WCLAG Local Development Strategy submission as well as further discussions by WCLAG. It outlines the activities to be delivered to achieve the strategy.
- 2nd Jan for 23rd Jan
- 13th Feb for 6th March
- 4th April for 24th April
- 22nd May for 12th June
- 24th July for 14th Aug
- 12th Sept for 2nd Oct
- 30th Oct for 20th Nov
Eligibility status of costs/items under Priority 1- Farm Productivity
West Cornwall LEADER Project Co-ordinator
Tel: 01872 324445 Mob: 07973 813803
Stay up to date with the LAGs and LEADER funding
Subscribe to our newsletter